Monday, February 05, 2007

raging bulls and money plants

I have nt blogged in a while. Reasoning behind this is because I have been super busy with work and looking for internships. Recently I landed a job at Green works a flower shop owned by my neighbors. I am changing names to protect the privacy of my co workers My duties are
1. complying to any orders given by Joe, I have to forget he is the neighbor I sit w on the back porch talking about wtv is going on in the world a round us.

2. I must happily comply w my other manager Jane who is Joes wife . Now Jane is cool as a neighbor but as a boss she has her ways of making me get things done. Also I must forget that she my neighbor too, someone that I am used to talking to when it comes to problems I have with relationships, school and work.

3. I must remeber rules one and two and be thankful because w out them I wouldnt have a job.


4. My other main duties are answering phones and taking orders from random people who want flowers. Below are the best messages of week two of working for green works.

Me- good morning greenworks
Man - I would like to order flowers for my wife Cathy
I do the order then I ask for the card mess
Man - I would like the mess to read:
Dear Cathy,
sorry about the broken china, the bull.

hearing this, I am like whoa this guy is definantly on a mission to make up for some big argument. Hey, at least the dude tried ! I wish him the best . Hahah ( mission impossible music in the background ).


Message 2.

Me - green works paul speaking
old lady - hi I want to order a money plant
( for all that don't know, a money plant is a Japanese plant that brings good fortune to those that don't have it )
me - they are fifty to eighty depending on size
old lady - ohh I dont think I can afford one.

After this call I felt like I should have taken the old lady's address and sent her a money plant, so she could have good fortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home